It is February 1st. Time is flying… but it is never too late to recap 2015 and 2016 so far.
2015 was a great year. I’m so grateful for all the blessings and all the amazing things that happened to me in all areas of my life: personal, work, family…
Hope is the word for the year!
Why was 2015 great?
- Walked my first half marathon: this showed me that I can do whatever I put my mind to.
- Joined Team in Training and signed up to do Disney’s Half
- Went to Denver for the first time to participate in Fitbloggin
- In Denver, I got to see a friend of mine after almost 15 years.
- Went to New York and got to hang out with amazing friends.
- Saw Shania Twain in concert
- Went to DC for the first time and had a blast and I walked so much… my feet still hurt when I think about it 😉
- My best friend came to visit, making him the first visitor in 3 years (since I moved to Dallas)
- Participated, for the second year in a row, in the Gluten Free Expo as an official blogger 😀
- Danced the night away during Ricky Martin’s concert in Dallas
- Got a new car – after my old one gave up on me
- Went to Las Vegas and met with a dear friend of mine
- Saw Celine Dion in Vegas – what an amazing experience!
- I was chosen to speak at a conference in March
- Got promoted at work
- Won the first prize in the company scavenger hunt
- Surpassed my Fundraising Goal
- Received the second round of visitors!
- Spend an amazing time with my family in Puerto Rico
So far in 2016, I’ve had so some up and downs… but all is part of the process and as such, I accept them. After looking back as to how amazing 2015 was, I’m looking forward to 2016 with excitement, hope and faith!
So far in 2016…
- I was showered with love and support from my family
- I experienced the kindness of a stranger during a sad situation
- Completed Disney’s Half Marathon an accomplishment that I was really nervous about it
- Visited Disney World for the first time and it was Magical!
- Rejoined Weight Watchers: this time in determined to track and stick with it, even when I go over or when “I’ve been bad”.
- Returned to work, it has been busy, but I wouldn’t change it…
As you can see, 2015 was amazing and 2016 is shaping up to be great too. How is your 2016 so far?
You look in the mirror and don’t recognize the reflection. Well, that happened to me recently. I really looked in the mirror and I couldn’t find me. I know I’m there, I’m just buried under the pounds I’ve gained. Gosh, how did I let myself get here? Bah, why am I asking, I know the answer!
- By being lazy
- By overeating
- By not caring
But that stops here and now!
I’m determined to find me, to rediscover me. I’m determined to recognize the reflection staring back at me.
- Control my eating
- Gluten Free – as the doctor instructed
- Portion control
- Exercise often
- Restart training for Disney Half Marathon in January 2016
- Video workouts
- Keep a journal
- With food intake
- With workouts
- Write down my feelings NOT eat them
- Reach out
This seems simple, but the truth is that it is hard. One misstep drives me to leave everything behind. Why!? I don’t know, but what I know is that I’m ready and determined to continue my journey and to change my lifestyle.
Things to Keep in Mind
- This takes time and the change it is fo the rest of your life not just until I reach my goal
- Take one day at a time
- If you fall get up and continue
- Don’t wait until next day to make it better.
- Every meal is a chance to do better
- Your journey is your own; don’t compare yourself with others
- Think before you eat
- This will lead to making better choices and be in control
- There will be times when you will want to quit… DON’T take a deep breath and start over.
The weight loss journey it is not easy, however, the journey to a new lifestyle is even harder. This last one is what I have to tackle instead of just focusing on “losing weight”. That will come as a RESULT of me changing my lifestyle.
I’m going to give me this week to settle into the new habits and next week I’ll restart posting weight loss progress to keep me accountable.
I’m nervous and excited at the same time, but like I said above, I’m going to take it one day at a time!
Until next time,
Just One Cupcake
I know I’m a little late… but here it goes!
As you know the Gluten Free Expo was in Dallas last weekend. For me this is one of the most exciting expos because I get to meet new people and to learn so much about new products. This year’s sponsor was Massel and they were super attentive with all the bloggers and attendees. They gave us the cutest gift full with goodies and even a cup! Their product is amazing. I got to try the bullion, it make great chicken, beef or veggie stock!
Other vendor that I was excited to see and talk to was Freedom Foods. They came out with new flavors and even a delicious chocolate spread!
This year was the year of the Pizza! Yes, Pizza! Every corner I looked there was a new brand of pizza, from flat-breads to regular gluten free pizza crust, each one more delicious than the other! My favorite was Spitano’s. They have a great variety of pizzas, salad dressings and pasta sauces. If you find them on your grocery store, take it home, you won’t regret it.
I also got to meet, and try, the awesomeness of Abundant Love Gluten Free Cake Mixes. They made a mean coffee cake. I was moist, super tasty and unforgettable. So much so, that I bought a mix to make Rum Cake!
Some of the old time favorites were in tha’ house! For example Schar, Mike’s Hard Lemonade, Enjoy Life Foods, and many others! Soon I’ll be posting reviews of the products I received and listing my favorites.
If you didn’t make it to the Expo this year, no worries, there is always next year.
Until next time,
Just One Cupcake