Every year holiday celebrations starts earlier. For me this year it started in Halloween, with the most amazing and tasty Gluten Free Pumpkin Cheesecake courtesy of April Peveteaux or Gluten is My Bitch.
For the office potluck I decided to make a dessert, but it had to be gluten free as I can’t eat gluten anymore! So after a quick Google Search for gluten free pumpkin cheesecake the results came back with very promising recipes.
The selected one is from a fellow celiac, for that reason I was OK to try it. And I have to say that it was a hit! I made some modifications to my recipe, but people raved about it! Here it goes – enjoy!
Gluten-Free Lite Pumpkin Cheesecake
adapted from Gluten is my Bitch
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 1 hour Chill time: overnight
1 3/4 cups gluten-free ginger snaps (I used the ones from Trader Joe’s)
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 stick melted salted butter
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature (2 reduced fat and 1 regular)
1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
3 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
1/4 cup sour cream
1 cup of sugar
1/2 tablespoon of Badia Five Spices Gourmet Blend (used your favorite brand)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In medium bowl, combine crumbs and sugar. Add melted butter. Press down flat into a 9-inch spring-form pan (or another pan). Set aside.
3. Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin puree, eggs, egg yolk, sour cream, sugar and the spices. Then add the vanilla. Beat together until well combined. Make sure to scrape the sides and the bottom of the mixing bowl to grab any remaining cream cheese.
4. Carefully pour into crust. Spread out evenly and place oven for 1 hour. After an hour, insert a butter knife. If it comes out clean your cheesecake is ready. If it doesn’t comes out clean, then leave it in the oven for 10 to 15 more minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil paper and refrigerate overnight.
The ginger snaps crust makes the difference in this dessert, it gives it that extra humph. My coworkers all raved about it and asked for seconds, great compliments .
When you make this, let me know what you think, enjoy!
PS: Sorry for the lack of pictures. I was super excited and forgot to take pictures of this